Perfect trek for beginners and families with children 5+ years
Trekking Grade: Easy
Starting and ending in Amritsar
Do something unforgettable with the kids during the Dussera Holidays!
Kareri Lake is located in the majestic Dhauladhars which rise from the Indian plains to the north of Kangra and Mandi. This trail is mostly free of regular trekkers and that makes this trek even more special. This trek will take you through tiny mountain villages, following rivers, crossing crystal clear streams, lush green meadows and forests of Oak, Pine and Rhododendron trees. Kareri Lake remains frozen from early December to March/April and by the time you get there, the bugyals (meadows) are green and the lake is glistening in the sunshine! The Dhauladhar range tower flank the shimmering lake – sentinels in their own right!
What makes this tour special?
- Operated in collaboration with Mercury Himalayan Explorations, the award-winning leaders for adventure tourism in India.
- Perfect trek for beginners and families with children 5+ years.
- A unique experience designed for beginners and children alike.
- You will learn camping skills to pitch your own tents, learn knots, build a campfire, navigation skills and self-reflection.
- Every trek is backed by many years in the business of providing safe and sustainable adventure trips.
- Guides are all certified and trained, the porters receive above standard wages.
- The crew are all insured and provided with suitable clothing and equipment.
- All activities are done with highest emphasis on safety using equipment that is in top condition.
- Our trips are designed for your maximum enjoyment and comfort, taking into consideration the environment and conditions.
- Transportation to and from Amritsar airport and from trek start and finish points.
- One night’s accommodation at Dharamshala on breakfast and dinner basis.
- All meals on the trek starting with lunch on Day 02 till lunch on Day 05.
- All trekking arrangements including ponies to carry all camping equipment, raw food and your trekking luggage.
- Accommodation in expedition tents on twin sharing basis, air mattress, sleeping bags, kitchen and dining tents with camping stools, dry pit toilet tents etc.
- A trekking team comprising of a trek leader, cook, kitchen helper and instructors.
- Filtered water for drinking during the trek.
- Adventure travel insurance.
- All government taxes.
- Cold drinks and alcoholic beverage.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances, natural disasters, illness or delays due to the same.
- Domestic or international airfare to Amritsar and back.
- Tips and any other form of gratuity to the trekking team.
- Any services or meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising due to ‘Acts of God’ including landslides, road blockage, terrorist activities, political disturbances (strikes) etc. Cost to be borne by the client - directly payable on the spot.
Per person cost ₹44,000/-
Standard cancellation fees:
- 30 days before the trip start date - 30% cancellation charge.
- 15 days before the trip start date – 50% cancellation charge.
- 07 days before the trip start date – 75% cancellation charge.
- Less than 07 days before the trip start date – 100% of the trip cost. No refund.
15 October 2018, Monday. Arrive at Amritsar ad drive to Salli ( 212KM, 5 hours)Arrive at Amritsar airport & drive to Salli village (212 KM, 5 hours) Arrive at Amritsar airport/Station and drive to Salli village. Overnight stay at Snow Monk Camp.
16 October 2018, Tuesday Trek to Daled (5 - 6 hrs)After breakfast, we head out for our trek. We’re gaining some altitude today, so the trek will be slightly uphill, across meadows and through forest trails. Our stop for tonight is Daled which should take us around 5 – 6 hours at an easy pace. Packed lunch will be served on the way – and we’ll find the perfect spot to sit and simply take in the views while we munch away! We will camp in the meadows at Daled for our first night on the trek.
17 October 2018, Wednesday
Day hike to Kareri Lake and back To Daled (6 - 7 hrs)After our morning breakfast, we take a day hike to Kareri lake. We’re heading out over the the ridge today, a moderate climb through forests of Oak and Pine with flowering Rhododendron trees making it a delightful walk. Packed lunch on the way. Kareri lake is at an altitude of 2934 M (9,682 ft). A fresh water stream flows along with us as we walk on the trail which finally feeds into the Kareri Lake. The lake shimmers amidst the splendor of the Dhauladhar range of mountains and we’ll spend some time just taking in that view before we head back to Daled. Overnight at Daled.
18 October 2018, Thursday
Day hike to Baleni Pass (6 - 7 Hrs)After our morning breakfast, we hike for about 3 - 4 hours towards Baleni Pass. At a soaring height of 3,730 M, we don’t plan to cross over this pass, but we’ll go as far as we feel comfortable and then sit back and watch the magnificent views while we tuck into some of the packed lunch and then make our way back to the campsite. It’s time to chill, play some games or simply sip a cup of tea while we watch the sunset make everything it touches turn into gold! Overnight in expedition tents.
19 October 2018, Friday
Back to Salli Village and drive to DharamshalaAfter breakfast, we pack up camp and head back to Snow Monk Camp, where our cars wait to take us to Dharamshala. The walk back is almost all slightly downhill and we make it to Salli village in around 4 hours. From Salli village it’s a 2-hour drive back to Dharamshala. Overnight stay at hotel
20 October 2018, Saturday Departure to AmritsarDeparture from Dharamshala to Amritsar airport – it’s time to head back home!
Wondering why you should choose us over other cheaper operators out there?If you have been looking for similar trekking trips online you might be asking this question. Jasmine Trails does not believe in offering trips that compromise on safety, hygiene and quality. Shoddy service is a big no-no. That is why we partner with MHE, an award-winning adventure tourism company recognized by the Government of India and a member of ATOAI – the Adventure Tour Operators Association of India. That is important. So, you pay for the high quality of equipment, guides and crew who are professionally trained and certified and know first aid. Food served is nutritious and delicious and not fast food like cup noodles. When you read the ‘inclusions’ you will find that you will not have to open your wallets except for any personal purchases, if you choose. When you book with us you can be sure that you are getting personalized and professional service.
Like what you see and want to book?
Call us at +91 9899116467 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send you a registration form and bank details.
Last date for booking and making your payment is
10th September 2018